Female identifying philanthropists are invited to join us on Thursday, October 19th at INCOMMON, hosted by Women United.
Women United is excited to offer this opportunity to bring together women philanthropists to celebrate the amazing impact you all have made in the Greater Kansas City community.
During the event, we will host our “United By Female”, featuring:
- Jennifer Matney, Moderator & Host – Jennifer has worked in finance for over 20 years with her most recent role as CFO of National Advisors Trust. She’s also worked for great KC companies such as UMB, Pioneer Services, DST Output, Cerner, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. She is passionate about giving back to her community and serves on several nonprofit Boards including Past President of Women United, School of Economics, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Teach for America, and Acting Out Against Cancer to name a few. She’s a die hard Chiefs fan, resident of Hyde Park, loves her cat Charlie, and proud to call KC home.
- Kayla Mason, Co-Founder of SipSteady – Kayla Mason considers herself a mindful drinker who has always been interested in exploring alternatives to alcohol given her background in the health and wellness industry. Prior to becoming a yoga teacher, reiki practitioner, and event host; Kayla spent a decade in the construction engineering industry where she found the majority of her corporate work culture revolved around drinking. She has dabbled in many creative ventures, always following her passion for exploring the newest trends in health and bringing those conversations to the forefront. With co-founder Sarah Pretorius going alcohol-free in September of 2021, they quickly realized that the booming variety of NA bevies that were available online weren’t making it to the menus of bars, restaurants and hotels as quickly as they were ready to enjoy them. Knowing that non-drinkers want to imbibe fun and delicious things when hopping around town too….an opportunity presented itself.
- Dr. Kia Turner, Founder and Executive Director of Red Apple Education – Dr. Kia Turner or “Dr. Kia” is the Founder and Executive Director of Red Apple Education, a KC based nonprofit focused on making schools safe and healthy for kids and families. Dr. Turner founded Red Apple following notable roles in multiple local school systems including Kansas City Public Schools, Park University, and The Kansas City Teacher Residency. Red Apple Education has spent the past several years working with area school districts and their stakeholders to improve school system practices. That work includes mental health support for families, teacher development, and school system audits.
- Lesley Reyes, Founder and Owner of Café Ollama – Lesley Reyes Murguia is a longtime Makeup Artist/Esthetician that due to COVID-19 alongside her husband, they opened their dream project: Cafe Ollama. Cafe Ollama was dreamed to be a Latin American coffee shop inspired by flavors well known to them and a safe space to showcase their culture with Kansas City. After just a short 2 years of being opened, Ollama has made into many “top”, “best”, and “must try” lists around the city. Being recognized locally, nationally, and Internationally, Ollama is working everyday in educating and keeping the Latin culture strong.
- Sierra Otto, Founder and Owner of Sierra Winter Jewelry – Sierra grew up on a ranch in the Flint Hills of Kansas. From an early age, she loved to draw and collect stones on the prairie. The prairie continues to be an inspiration for a lot of her designs. She received a BFA in Metalsmithing and Jewelry Design from the University of Kansas and worked as a jewelry designer for Silpada Designs before launching her eponymous line in 2015. Sierra lives with her husband and two kids, Opal and Oz, in Kansas City.
What else can you expect at this event:
- Hors d’oeuvres, beer and wine
- Non Alcoholic Cocktails served by SipSteady
- Over 10 women owned business vendors onsite
- The opportunity to network with other women who share your philanthropic leadership and commitment to our community
- Headshots taken onsite from Rebecca Lassiter Photography
Our group welcomes all women, including cis women, trans women, and non-binary people. Feel free to bring a guest with you!
RSVP HERE! We can’t wait to see you on Thursday, October 19.
For questions, please contact Carol Allbritton at Carol.Allbritton@uwgkc.org.