Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator
Reports to: Contact Center Manager, United Way 2-1-1
In a call center environment, responsible for overseeing and coordinating quality assurance policies according to established protocols to ensure quality service to United Way 2-1-1 callers. Responsible for maintaining current and generating new reports based on information obtained from call quality and call management software. Also will be responsible in assisting with training new employees and coaching call center employees; including assisting in the development of new training opportunities for call center staff. Working hours will include occasional weekends and evenings since call center is 24/7 and coaching will be scheduled during staff’s shifts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate weekly and monthly reports from the call center software and meet specific deadlines associated with each report.
- Assist the 2-1-1 Contact Center Manager and Director in identifying trends and creating new reports as needed.
- Review call data records for accuracy and appropriate referrals.
- Participate in new hire and ongoing training; assists with training of future employees through nesting, monitoring and coaching.
- Serve as a member of the Quality Assurance Team that meets monthly.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to call center staff on a regular basis.
- Backup role in community outreach through resources fairs, speaking engagements and United Way campaign events.
- Assist in the United Way 2-1-1 follow-up procedures with callers.
- Provide other administrative assistance as needed.
- Answer 2-1-1 calls in times of staff shortages as needed, to assist with contract coverage or in emergency situations.
- Report to the 2-1-1 Director in times of disaster and community emergencies to ensure the continuing operation of United Way 2-1-1.
- Gain understanding and adhere to AIRS standards (Alliance for Information & Referral Systems). Applies for AIRS certification after one year of employment and experience.
- Research and annually review current Quality Assurance trends and procedures to ensure UWGKC 2-1-1 call center continues to adhere to best practices identified by AIRS standards.
- Will be on-call for weekends and holidays in rotation with Contact Center Manager and Team Lead.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in behavioral science or related field or a combination of education and experience of call center and/or human service experience.
- At least 2 years of call center or human service experience desired.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Strong Excel and Word skills are essential).
- Experience in working in databases. Excellent phone and customer service skills, strong oral and written communications skills, as well as good organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of management, support staff and general public.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations.
- Call center management and/or quality assurance experience is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required.