Governance Academy: Become a Volunteer Leader for United Way of Greater Kansas City
Learn | Understand | Lead
Application deadline: July 10, 2018 (5:00 pm CDT)
Kick-off: September 2018
Courses: October 2018 through April 2019
Graduation: May 2019
Potential candidates will:
- Have established leadership in their career
- Be engaged in other civic organizations as board members or in key voluntary leadership responsibilities
- Have a passion and commitment for human services work
- Be a current or prospective donor to United Way
- Show an awareness and sensitivity to the growing diversity in the KC metro area
Participation and Time Commitment
The Governance Academy will be conducted at no charge to the participants. Those selected will agree to attend seven (7) monthly training modules from October 2018 through April 2019 with a graduation in May. Sessions will generally last three to four hours and will be hosted in the late afternoon/early evening by UWGKC or one of our key community partners.
Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations will be solicited from throughout the UWGKC region. The UWGKC Governance Committee will select the most highly qualified candidates as participants in the Governance Academy. Class size will be limited to ensure a meaningful experience.
As you complete the application process, please consider your ability to attend all scheduled modules, including leaving work early to participate.
Please submit the following in PDF version only to Sarah Haberberger:
- A current resume
- Letter of endorsement that should describe your leadership potential and how your leadership might benefit the community
By Mail: United Way of Greater Kansas City, 801 W. 47th Street, Suite 500, Kansas City, MO 64112
By Email: Sarah.Haberberger@uwgkc.org
Applications due no later than 5:00 pm CDT on July 10, 2018. Application questions may be directed to Sarah.Haberberger@uwgkc.org