The Campaign Associate (CA) will function as a temporary member of the vibrant and results-driven Philanthropy team by managing assigned corporate and agency workplace campaign accounts. They will analyze accounts to develop effective fundraising strategies, work with accounts to implement strategies, give presentations to educate and motivate donors. This person will handle all administrative tasks related to workplace campaigns and will be self motivated in completing assigned tasks. Success will be measured in part by the attainment of a dollar goal, along with other factors determined by the assigned Key Partnerships Manager.
Being a Campaign Associate will allow you to…
- Develop confidence in making presentations and fund development calls
- Enhance skills in account management, strategy and analysis
- Build relationships with business and community leaders in the Greater Kansas City area
- Participate in developing overall fundraising strategies for United Way of Greater Kansas City
- Attend a paid, comprehensive training program to learn how United Way of Greater Kansas City operates and changes lives in our community
- Contact local companies from assigned portfolio to secure campaign commitments and volunteers for conducting annual workplace fundraising campaigns
- Set financial goals and monitor progress
- Review account histories, identify needs and develop strategies to meet goals
- Engage local business leaders to effectively strategize & implement a successful giving campaign
- Regularly attend campaign events, solicit donations, and communicate to employee groups how United Way contributions benefit the community
- Help organize speakers, campaign events, materials, tours and volunteer projects for company campaigns
- Collect, count, review and transport donor contributions (cash, checks and credit card payments) and pledge forms from workplace sites to United Way finance office
- Exhibit personal commitment to the success of the campaign through quality work, team participation, and timely customer service
- Other projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or at least three years of relevant experience in marketing, sales and/or fundraising preferred with proven successful customer service experience.
Availability: Ability to work normal business hours with occasional hours outside normal work schedule i.e. conducting employee speeches or working special events evenings/nights/weekends.
This is a seasonal/temporary position that runs from August 16th through November 17th.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance coverage required (daily travel in Kansas City area)
- Highly ethical and professional demeanor
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Passion for making a difference in the community and becoming a change agent for Kansas City
- Able to build relationships with a wide variety of donors and corporate leaders
- Strong presentation skills (comfortable speaking before diverse audiences of 50-100 people, on a daily basis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Team-oriented & flexible
- Proficient with personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office programs
- Move up to 40lbs of weight