Call Specialist Team Lead
Reports To: Contact Center Manager, United Way 2-1-1
Location: Independence, MO
In addition to handling local and contract calls, providing caller problem assessment, information and referral, and appropriate follow-up , the Call Specialist Team Lead is responsible for supporting and mentoring call center staff, assisting with training, representing United Way 2-1-1 in the community and serving as an escalation point for callers. The role works in coordination with the Call Center Manager and Resource Center Manager to ensure department goals are met or exceeded.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Information and Referral
- Provides caller/client problem assessment, information and/or referral(s) and follow-up appropriate to the caller’s/client’s needs.
- Primary point of contact for email I&R response and advocacy for the caller/client in situations when the caller/client is unable to follow through on the referral(s), or to facilitate service delivery to the caller/client.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer service and exemplifies core principals of CARE: Caring, Accurate and Resourceful, Every call.
- Utilizes recognized professional and agency standards in carrying out the goal of resolution of the client’s problems or requests.
- Maintains accurate documentation of caller/client demographic information, services requested, information provided, referral(s) made, follow-up data by entering into ServicePoint database and/or other databases as contracts require.
- Assists in ongoing maintenance of resource database information through notifying Resource Team of any errors or updates.
- Participates in new hire and ongoing training to enhance skills; assists with training of future employees through nesting, monitoring and coaching.
- Applies for Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) certification after one year of employment and experience.
- Assists with United Way market research by conducting telephone surveys as needed.
- May be required to work holidays or varying hours as needed.
- Will be on-call to assist in emergency coverage during weekends or overnights to ensure sufficient coverage.
- Required to report to the call center or other designated location during times of emergencies and disaster; may provide I&R onsite at disaster relief centers as needed.
- Backup role in community outreach through resource fairs, speaking engagements and United Way campaign events.
- Assists managers with call center operations and special projects as assigned.
- Assists in coordination of voicemail retrieval, follow up assignment & completion, quality assurance, and benchmarks for call specialists.
- Serve as an escalation point for callers who wish to speak to a supervisor or otherwise need additional attention.
- Act as a mentor to other call specialists, including providing feedback and coaching as appropriate.
- Attend community events, help out with displays or assist in campaign when needed and time permits.
- Will be on-call for weekends and holidays in rotation with Contact Center Manager and Quality Assurance Trainer & Coordinator.
- Assist the Call Center Manager in the daily operations of the call center, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Working with Tech Support
- Bachelor degree in behavioral science or related field or a combination of education and experience of call center and/or human service experience
- Prefer a minimum of one year information and referral or related experience or knowledge of health and human services
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills
- Must be able to work with diverse populations
- Must have experience training/leading teams
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and work well within a team setting
- Must have commitment to excellent customer service; must have intermediate level or better computer skills
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred but not required