Reports to: Call Center Manager - United Way 2-1-1
Location: Kansas City, MO
Responsible for responding to local and contract calls; providing caller problem assessment, information and referral and follow-up appropriate to the caller’s needs. When necessary, provides advocacy by contacting resources to facilitate service delivery.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides caller/client problem assessment, information and/or referral(s) and follow-up appropriate to the caller’s/client’s needs.
- Provides advocacy for the caller/client in situations when the caller/client is unable to follow through on the referral(s), or to facilitate service delivery to the caller/client.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer service and follows core principals of CARE: Caring, Accurate and Resourceful, Every call.
- Utilizes recognized professional and agency standards in carrying out the goal of resolution of the client’s problems or requests.
- Maintains accurate documentation of caller/client demographic information, services requested, information provided, referral(s) made, follow-up data by entering into IRis database or other databases as contracts require.
- Assists in ongoing maintenance of resource database information through notifying Resource Specialist of any errors or updates.
- Participates in new hire and ongoing training to enhance skills.
- Applies for Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) certification after one year of employment and experience.
- Assists with United Way market research by conducting telephone surveys as needed.
- Required to work holidays as scheduled.
- Required to report to the call center or other designated location during times of emergencies and disaster.
Relevant degree in behavioral sciences or related field preferred, or a combination of directly related college courses or employment experience may be accepted; prefer a minimum of one year information and referral or related experience or knowledge of health and human services; must have excellent verbal communications skills; must be able to work with diverse populations; must be able to perform multiple tasks and work well within a team setting; must have commitment to excellent customer service; must have intermediate level or better computer skills. Bilingual Spanish is preferred but not required.
3 days a week
Wednesday, 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Sunday, 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.